Saturday, 11 July 2009

Hanging in the air


"Waiting for the weather", Balaton, Hungary 2007

James Rose had his skydive scheduled for 11.00 this morning. The last bulletin I received was yesterday and James was feeling positive but the weather it seems was not playing ball.

James reported:

“Tomorrow’s jump is still scheduled to go ahead but not guaranteed due to the current weather forecasts. We must stress this as forecasts indicate weather which is not suitable for skydiving. If you are coming to watch us jump – thanks! However, please bear this in mind when planning your trip.”

Lets hope the weather conditions were favourable today and that the team are now all celebrating in the bar at Skydive Weston - RAF Weston on the Green, in Bicester, Oxfordshire.

I am waiting with anticipation for the first news of the jump to reach the skydive website:

Notes

James Rose was at the Petö Institute, he lived with his family in Budapest for several years when he was very young. I knew him and his family when I was a student there, 1989-1993.
read more at:

No comments: