- Bobath therapy or Neuro- Developmental therapy by which the child will be encouraged to move and function as normally as possible. It is believed that the child’s abnormal postures and movements can be changed or adapted to develop better functional skills.
- Conductive Education is based on the theory that the brain can learn and relearn movements and control. This is a learning process and not a treatment or therapy.
- Suit therapy – this is a special suit given to children with movement disorders that helps with the muscle tone, balance and the position of the body in space.
- Sensory Integration therapy is occupational therapy designed to stimulate and challenge all the senses of the child. The therapist works with the children within the confines of a room and challenges the child to respond to certain methodology adopted in this treatment.
- Hippo therapy- a Hippotheraphy machine will be used to encourage multi – dimensional movements to achieve gait training, balance, postural/core control, strengthening and a range of motion goals.
- Whole Body Vibration therapy- increases bone mass and brings about improvements in muscle build up. This will help children who have poor muscle strength and control.”
Sunday, 9 October 2011
A Sunday morning read
A new centre that offers conductive sessions in Sri Lanka opened on October 6th!
“A few of the treatments that are offered by the Dream Centres include: